This is my last blog on my weebly
1. How do you think your year went in grade 6?
My grade 6 year went pretty good, at the beginning of the year I struggled with writing but at the end of the year my writing was better.
2. What was something that was very memorable?
Some thing that was very memorable in grade 6 was the fact that I did very good at math tests and math worksheets.
3. Looking back on your reading comprehension throughout the year, what was onething you were really proud of (think back to our literature circles or novels that we read together)
in reading and comprehension, my favorite book we read this year was Touching Spirit Bear. something that I am proud of was the fact that it was easier to do the lit circle worksheets than it was last year, Something that I would like to improve on is my oral reading and a highlite on lit circles was when we finished the book Touching Spirit Bear and what happened in the end.
4. What was one thing that you struggled with in terms of reading and that you think you should continue working on?
I struggled on my oral reading in the terms of reading and I think I should continue working on it.
5. What writing piece were you the most proud of (personal, story or persuasive). What about it made you proud?
my two best writing pieces that I wrote were the stories Untitled Story part 1 & 2, because they were good stories and I got a good grade on them..
6. What was one thing that you think you still need to work on throughout all of your writing? How do you know you need to work on this.
I still have to work on the clairity of my writing and I also have to work on the depth of my writing.
7. We have talked a lot about communication skills (how you communicate with your peers and your teachers in small or large groups) What is one thing that you do well in terms of communication and one thing that you think that you should keep working on.
One thing that I do well in the terms of talking and working in groups is. I'm very rude when I'm talking to other people. I don't really prefer to work in groups but my goal is to learn to enjoy working with my peers.
8. Do you think you do a good job of asking for help when you need it? How do you know you are good at asking for help or not?
When I need help I am good at asking for it just I don't often need help. I know I'm good at asking for help because I ask my peers before asking my teachers.
9. In math we learned a lot of things this year. Talk about a time when you struggled with something in math. What was it and how did you get better at it?
Something that I struggled with in math was adding up the mean because most of the time it was hard for me to do that much addition and also I was manly doing it in my head. So th fix this I started doing the math on paper instead of my head.
10. What one thing you really proud of in math this year--something you think you did really well or a challenge you over came?
One thing that I am really proud of in math this year was that I did really well in math tests.
11.We spent alot of time learning about what Soceial Emotional Learning. How do you self-regulate? How do you promote S.E.L around you?(Think of your morning Z.O.R).
I Self regulate by leaving the room or area the problem is occuring in and calming down. I promote S.E.L aroung me by using self regulation.
12. How did you like project-based learning? What was your strengths? WShat could you work on in the future?
I really like project based learning but I still think we should have had more tests. my strengths in project based learning were that it was easy to finish my projects. I could work on working in groups instead of by myself.
13. You experienced different types of innovated learning within the classroom such as classroom blogs, coding, choice, passion projects etc. How did this best support your learning? What did you like about it?
They didn`t help with my learning whatsoever. I only liked them because they were fun.
14. Every day you never sat in the same spot, you had a different seat to start your morning. How did this benefit your learning? What did you like about it?
sitting in different places did not affect my learning whatsoever, if it affected anything it would have been my social life.
15. what did you learn about aboriginal education this year.
This year I learned that aboriginal people were forced to go to boarding schools that assimilated them to the english/christian cuture. Also in som aboriginal cultures they used 'circles' as a kind of 'law'
my goals over the summer are.......
I have no goals for the summer just relaxing. who has goals for summer?
well maybe I have a goal to read throughout the summer.
. My goals for Grade 7 for Numeracy are.....
my goals for grade 7 numeracy are to do good in all forms of numeracy.
My goals for Grade 7 Literacy are.......
To make my writing clearer.
. My overall goals for Grade 7 are.......
to pass and to do good in school.